BEDFORD, MA – 12/11/2006 – Stylus Studio (http://www.stylusstudio.com), an industry-leading provider of XML tools and data integration components, announces the availability of a new educational video tutorial entitled: Visual Data Integration Using Stylus Studio XML Pipeline.
XML Pipeline is a powerful visual data integration tool for designing, editing, debugging and deploying complete XML applications. This online video tutorial covers the design and deployment of a data integration application that aggregates information from various heterogeneous data sources including CSV and EDI, then publishes the result to both an HTML and PDF output format, and covers the following topics:
· Using the XML Pipeline to create and generate code for XML applications
· Understanding nodes which represent XML operations and other XML processing tasks
· Expressing the flow of data within in an application using pipes
· Executing an XML Pipeline that converts text and EDI to XML , and publishes XML to PDF and HTML output formats.
· Using the Pipeline toolbox to specify different operations including XQuery processing, XSLT transformation, data conversion operations, validation and more.
· Using Stylus Studio XML Deployment Adapters to convert legacy data into XML
· Working with the input and output ports in XML Pipeline
· Zooming in and out of an XML pipeline document
· Visually piping the output of an XQuery into the input of an XSLT (designed using XML Publisher ) for additional processing
· Browsing the generated HTML output documents
· Piping the output of an XQuery into the input of another XQuery that generates XSL:FO stylesheet code
· Browsing the generated PDF output documents
· Generating Java code to run the XML Pipeline
· Debugging an XML Pipeline with the pipeline debugger
Pricing and Availability
Stylus Studio 2007 XML Enterprise Suite is available for immediate purchase at the Stylus Studio online shop. Single user licenses for Stylus Studio XML Enterprise Suite start at just $595 (USD). For more information about purchasing Stylus Studio, including enterprise sales inquiries, call (781) 280-4488 or email us.
About Stylus Studio®
Stylus Studio®, a product from DataDirect Technologies, an operating company of Progress Software Corporation, is the industry's most innovative XML IDE, providing a comprehensive suite of advanced XML tools and scalable deployment components for working with XML, XSLT, XPath, XQuery, XML Schema, Web services, EDIFACT, X12, legacy data integration, XML Pipeline, XML mapping, XML Publishing and more. Used by leading software developers world-wide, Stylus Studio simplifies XML programming and enhances developer productivity through innovation. For more information, visit: http://www.stylusstudio.com.
About DataDirect Technologies
DataDirect Technologies is the software industry's only comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world's most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect® products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC™ and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on DataDirect Technologies to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration. DataDirect Technologies is an operating company of Progress Software Corporation. For more information, visit http://www.datadirect.com.
For more information about Stylus Studio:
Business Development Manager
Tel: (781) 280-4488
Fax: (781) 280-4295
DataDirect and Stylus Studio are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Java and all Java-based marks are trademarks or service marks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Any other trademarks or service marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.